Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tucson June 2006


It's great being back in Tucson! With a little bit of time to just settle in, hang out, and play before I head to Brazil, the reality of my move back to Tucson has finally sunk in. As usual, I'm content with my new surroundings. There's just always so many wonderful things about any given location, that it's impossible to focus on the negatives unless you make it a point to do so...and now that the shadow of Katrina isn't looming over me, I'm back to recognizing all the positives and consequently not minding the negatives (such as the fact that there doesn't seem to be any water whatsoever out here in this darn desert...go figure).

Despite the remnants of cacti in my hands from an overly ambitious solo hike the other day, I'm loving the setting and scenery out here more than ever. I'm going outdoor climbing for the first time in my life on Monday, so I'll be able to check off one more item on that list of "things I've always wanted to do." Yippee! Seeing as how my climbing experience is limited to one trip to a climbing gym in Rhode Island years ago and one recent trip here in Tucson (with maybe one more to be squeezed in before Monday), I'm not overly confident in my body's ability to defy gravity. Should be fun and silly...look for photos here afterwards!

So...this will be the spot to check for news and photos from Brazil, Hawaii, and wherever else the coming weeks/months take me! More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home